Auto accidents are among the most common causes of serious personal injury, particularly those involving cars and trucks. With so many vehicles traveling across the busy streets of New Jersey every day, it’s almost inevitable that accidents will occur – and the resulting injuries can cost thousands of dollars in medical bills and other damages. However, many accident victims are unaware of their rights to legal action when negligent driving or other reckless behavior leads to significant injury.
Since 1981 the partners and staff of Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C., have dedicated their legal careers to helping people who were injured in New Jersey or New York as a result of the carelessness of others. Call our car accident attorneys today at 1-800-LAW-2000 or use our online form to receive a free initial consultation.
Car Accidents May Cause Head, Back and Neck Injuries
While accidents can result in all types of injury, some of the most common accident injuries include:
- Head injuries/head trauma – when a person’s head suffers any major blow or impact, injuries can be very serious. Head injuries can range from concussion to brain damage, so they require immediate medical attention. If you suffer from a headache or simply just feel that you banged your head during an accident, seek medical care right away because an undiagnosed head injury can be deadly.
- Brain trauma – brain trauma often results from head injury, but within the first few moments following an accident you may not realize that a brain injury has occurred. Brain trauma or injury can result in temporary medical conditions and long-term medical impairment, including the loss of basic abilities necessary to resume your daily life.
- Spinal cord and back injury – damage to the spinal cord can cause paralysis, so this type of injury is extremely serious. Any type of blow or pressure to the spine should be considered potentially dangerous. You should seek medical care immediately.
- Internal organ injury – this is one of the most deadly injuries but it isn’t always recognizable in the moments following an accident. Blunt force trauma, such as the impact suffered during a car accident, can result in broken ribs which inadvertently puncture the lungs or other organs. Victims may experience internal bleeding or pain in the area surrounding the injury. Immediate medical care is required. An undiagnosed injury can be fatal.
- Neck injury – neck injuries can range from extremely serious fractures and spinal injury to soft tissue injuries that result in chronic pain. Because the severity of neck injuries is difficult to assess, any neck pain should be reported to a medical professional right away.
- Connective Tissue Injury – this is one of the most common injuries following a car accident. An impact to the body can affect connective tissues, resulting in pain – some of which may resolve itself over time, while other injuries may develop into chronic problems if not properly treated. Back and neck stiffness are key symptoms, and because they are also associated with other more serious injuries, it’s best to seek medical attention immediately to determine the true nature of the injury.
- Knee injury – the knees are often injured in car accidents because they are unprotected by air bags or other safety measures, and they often bear the full force of an impact. Some knee injuries can result in permanent disability or chronic pain requiring surgery or therapy.
- Lower Limb Injury – much like the knees, the legs are vulnerable to injury in an auto accident. Some injuries like minor fractures may be treatable and heal completely within weeks or months. Others require more extensive therapy and rehabilitation.
- Upper Limbs Injury – many people tense their upper body immediately prior to the impact of an accident. As a result, the arms, shoulders and wrists can suffer injury which may require treatment or therapy. Some injuries may resolve on their own, but others can be symptoms of more serious harm, so it’s important not to dismiss arm or shoulder pain without first seeking a professional evaluation from a doctor.
Experienced New Jersey Car Accident Assistance
Whether you have suffered a serious brain injury or you are temporarily disabled and unable to work for several months, you need the help of an experienced car accident attorney to represent your claim fairly. Our auto accident lawyers at Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C., have been helping injury victims since 1981. We have handled thousands of accident injury claims, obtaining excellent results for our clients in many instances. Each case and the results vary, so we invite you to contact an auto accident lawyer at our New Jersey or New York offices to discuss the specifics of your situation. If we take your case, you can be assured we will use all the resources of our law firm to develop a strong argument for money damages and other compensation for you.
To speak with a personal injury lawyer with many years of experience, contact our New Jersey or New York offices at 1-800-LAW-2000. We do not charge attorney’s fees unless we are successful in your case and our initial consultations are free.
No Fee if No Recovery – Home and Hospital Consultations Available
New Jersey personal injury lawyers helping car accident victims and their families since 1981 in Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabeth, Edison, Toms River, Trenton, Clifton, Camden, Brick Township, Woodbridge Township, Bergen Co., Middlesex Co., Somerset Co., Warren Co., Sussex Co., Monmouth Co., Mercer Co., Ocean Co., Hudson Co., Passaic Co., Essex Co., Union Co., Morris Co., Teaneck, Fort Lee, Paramus, Hackensack, Hoboken, Secaucus, Englewood, Mahwah, Bergenfield, Union City, North Bergen, Ridgewood, Bayonne, Ridgefield, Belleville, Alpine, New Milford and Atlantic City. Also in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Kings County, Richmond County and New York City, in New York.