Steven Benvenisti, Esq. is a Partner at the Law Firm of Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. He is Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney. As an attorney he is an advocate for those injured by intoxicated drivers. He also is an advocate for those suffering catastrophic injuries including brain and spinal cord injuries.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Steven fully recovered as a victim of a catastrophic accident, which provides him with a very powerful perspective in representing each and every one of his personal injury clients.
His law practice is devoted exclusively to personal injury, including representing victims with traumatic brain injury, spine injuries and victims of DWI.
Steven graduated Magna Cum Laude from The College of New Jersey and earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of Bridgeport School of Law in 1993. He has been licensed in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and the Federal Court for twenty (20) years.
Steven’s Court and trial successes have been published in New Jersey’s leading Jury Verdict reporter.
Approximately twenty (20) times per year, Steven serves as a keynote and motivational speaker throughout the country at: State and National Rehabilitation Associations, State Brain Injury Associations, medical centers, New Jersey Judicial College, Legal conventions, and to universities and schools. Topics include: The Most Significant Case of My Entire Career, Ending Drunk Driving, Understanding NJ Law, Understanding NJ Automobile Insurance and programs dealing with individual and family emotional and coping issues associated with being accident victims.
100% of the honorariums offered from the programs he presents go directly to charity.
- University of Bridgeport School of Law, Bridgeport, Connecticut, 1993, Juris Doctorate
- The College of New Jersey, Ewing, New Jersey, 1990
- Bachelor of Science
- Honors: Graduated Magna Cum Laude (with High Honors)
- Multiple published works on Understanding New Jersey Auto Insurance
- Spring Break: A True Story of Hope and Determination
Honors and Awards:
Disclaimer: Pursuant to the Rules of Professional Conduct as promulgated by the Supreme Court of New Jersey, lawyers who promote themselves or their firms are required to state the following: “No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.” This disclaimer applies to all attorney rating agencies and organizations listed below. Some or all require payment of onetime or annual fees. For further information, as to their internal selection and rating criteria please click on the respective links below.
*Attorneys may be designated by the Supreme Court as “certified attorneys” if they demonstrate sufficient levels of experience, education, knowledge and skill in a specific area of law or practice, pass a rigorous examination and receive recognition from peers as having sufficient skills and reputation in the designated specialty. See Certification Process
*The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, is an invitation-only organization. Members are selected based on peer nominations and third-party research. The selection criteria include a lawyer’s leadership, reputation, influence, stature and public profile. See Selection Process
*Super Lawyers is a listing of lawyers who are selected based on peer nominations and evaluations combined with independent research. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Thomson Reuters publishes the listing. See Selection Process.
- Citizen of the Year Award
- Business Man of the Year Award
- Lawyer Achievement Award
- Brain Injury Association Leadership Award
- NJ Citizen Police Academy Award
- Community Education Award
- The Policing Bureau Award
- END DWI Law Enforcement Recognition Award
- NJ Traffic Officers Paul St. Mauro Award
- Brain Injury Association of NJ Annual Mimi Goldman Award
- Volunteer Excellence Award
- EMS Excellence Award
- Hackensack Medical Center’s Trauma Prevention & Education Award
- Humanitarian Award, The College of New Jersey, 2007
- ASIS Security Leadership Award, 2007
- N.Jersey Police Crime Prevention Appreciation Award, 2007
- N. Jersey Police Crime Prevention Appreciation Award, 2007
- Brain Injury Association Silvio O. Conte Award for Public Awareness and Education, 2007
- NJ State & General Assembly Commendation, 2007
- Volunteer Center of Bergen County Award, 2007
- Volunteer Excellence Award, Brain Injury Association of New Jersey, 2006
- Business Man of the Year, Teaneck, New Jersey, 2006
- Executive Proclamation by Governor Jon S. Corzine, 2006
- United States Senate Proclamation by Senator Robert Menendez, 2006
- Congratulatory Citation by United States Senator Frank Lautenberg, 2006
- U.S. House of Representatives Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition, 2006
- State of New Jersey Joint Senate-General Assembly Legislative Resolution, 2006
- Mimi Goldman Award for Positive Achievement, Brain Injury Assoc. of New Jersey, 2005
- Policing Bureau Award, Teaneck New Jersey, 2005
- Recognition Award, END D.W.I., 2005
- EMS Excellence Award, Hackensack Medical Center, 2004
- Commitment to Trauma Prevention Award, Hackensack Medical Center, 2004
- Paul St. Mauro Award, Police Traffic Association, 2004
- Community Police Borough Award, Teaneck, New Jersey, 2004
- Community Police Award, Police Association, 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving, National Board of Directors, 2012 – Present
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving- New Jersey, Advisory Council, 2007 – Present
- Brain Injury Association of New Jersey, Board of Trustees, 2003 – Present
- New Jersey, Rehabilitation Specialists Advisory Board, Board of Trustees, 2000 – 2006
- New Jersey Association for Justice, Member, 1994 – Present
- American Association for Justice, National Member, 1994 – Present
Past Employment Positions:
- Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Clerk to Superior Court Judge, 1993 – 1994