Sam Davis, a native of Bergenfield, N.J. is the son of the late Harold Davis, M.D who for decades practiced family medicine from his home on Washington Avenue in Bergenfield, New Jersey.
As a boy, Sam Davis attended the Englewood School for Boys, now known as the Dwight Englewood School and subsequently in 1973 earned his Bachelor’s degree from Tufts University. After graduating from the Rutgers School of Law in 1977 he served as a Judicial Clerkship for Magistrate Peter B. Scuderi and the Honorable David D. Follender, J.S.C. He is admitted to the New Jersey Bar, The District of Columbia Bar, The Federal Bar and United States Supreme Court Bar. Sam Davis has also been certified by the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney.
As the original founding partner of Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C., Sam Davis has represented thousands of clients who have suffered personal injuries.
Sam Davis has represented the families of people who have been injured as a result of medical malpractice and has also defended physicians who have been sued for medical malpractice, which gives him a unique perspective on that issue. He demonstrates his dedication to improving the nation’s medical institutions by educating medical students at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and practicing physicians on the legal aspects of medical malpractice. He is the founder of the Legal Institute for Medical Education and has served as a moderator for many of its seminars.
Mr. Davis’ contributions to the field of law include the following:
“A Practical Guide to Videoconferencing ” in the March 2000 issue of Trial Magazine. His lectures include “Medical Legal Issues” at Hackensack University Medical Center, and “Hot Tips in Tort Law” before the New Jersey State Bar Association.
Sam Davis has served as chairman for Association of Trial Lawyers of American (ATLA) Medical Device Product Liability Section. He is a member of ATLA-NJ and a sustaining member of ATLA. His work in the field of Mass Torts include MDA Mass Tort Propulsid Science Committee and Vioxx Science Committee. He has lectured on Vioxx litigation at national conferences including Mass Torts made Perfect, 2005 Las Vegas and at Mealey’s Vioxx Conference in New Orleans also in 2005.
Sam Davis also served as Chair for the New Jersey Senate Commerce Committee on Automobile Legislation and was recognized together with his law partner Marc C. Saperstein for their efforts in the area of Tobacco litigation in behalf of the Citizens of the State of New Jersey which led to the National Tobacco Settlement.
Sam Davis has argued cases before the NJ Superior Court of New Jersey Appellate Division and the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey which resulted in published decisions.
On a personal level, in his spare time, Sam Davis stays fit by boxing and bicycle riding. He enjoys motorcycle riding, boating, photography, golf and tennis.
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law – Camden, Camden, New Jersey, 1977, J.D.
- Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, 1973, B.A.
- A Practical Guide to Video Conferencing, Trial Magazine, March, 2000
- Lecturer, Medical Legal Issues, Hackensack University Medical Center
- Speaker, Hot Tips in Tort Law, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Nations Medical Institutions, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Lecturer, Mass Torts, Vioxx Litigation National Conference, Las Vegas, 2005 – Present
- Lecturer, Mass Torts, Mealey’s Vioxx Conference, New Orleans, 2005 – Present
- Lecturer, Down and Dirty Video Depositions: Use of iPads and iPhones, New Jersey Association for Justice, November 2013
- Lecturer, Mass Tort: Products Liability, Metal on Metal Hips, New Jersey Association for Justice, November 2013
- Co-Chair, Trial Advocacy, New Jersey Association for Justice, November 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- New Jersey State Senate, 1993, Chair, Commerce Committee on Automobile Legislation
- American Association for Justice, Medical Device Product Liability Section, Chairman
- American Association for Justice, Chairman, MDA Mass Tort Propulsid Science Committee
- American Association for Justice, Sustaining Member
- New Jersey Association for Justice, Member
- New Jersey Association for Justice, Vioxx Science Committee
Past Employment Positions:
- Magistrate Peter B. Scuderi, Law Clerk
- Hon. David D. Follender, J.S.C., Law Clerk
- Legal Institute for Medical Education, Founder
- Super Lawyers, 2005-2014
- Complex Personal Injury
- Employment Related Religious Discrimination
- Pharmaceutical Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Malpractice
- Premises Liability Law
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Civil Trial Attorney, Supreme Court, State of New Jersey, 2001
- New Jersey, 1977
- District of Columbia, 1980
- U.S. Federal Courts
- U.S. Supreme Court