New Jersey’s laws concerning wrongful death contain provisions unique to our state, and they vary considerably from the laws of many other states. Surviving family members who have lost a loved one may have questions about their legal rights to compensation. The wrongful death lawyers of Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. can help as your family goes through the grieving process.
Call our New Jersey wrongful death attorneys today at (800) LAW-2000 or use our online form to receive a free initial consultation.
Since 1981 the accident lawyers and staff of Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C., have dedicated their legal careers to helping people who were injured as a result of the carelessness of others.
We represent clients in Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabeth, Edison, Toms River, Trenton, Clifton, Camden, Brick Township, Woodbridge Township, Bergen Co., Middlesex Co., Somerset Co., Warren Co., Sussex Co., Monmouth Co., Mercer Co., Ocean Co., Hudson Co., Passaic Co., Essex Co., Union Co., Morris Co., Teaneck, Fort Lee, Paramus, Hackensack, Hoboken, Secaucus, Englewood, Mahwah, Bergenfield, Union City, North Bergen, Ridgewood, Bayonne, Ridgefield, Belleville, Alpine, New Milford, Atlantic City and throughout New Jersey. We focus on all kinds of accident and product liability cases, including those involving wrongful death.
Wrongful Death Claims Examined
Wrongful death cases can arise from nearly any kind of accident – if your loved one dies as the direct result of someone else’s negligence, then you may have grounds for a wrongful death claim. Some of the more common accidents associated with wrongful death lawsuits include:
- Car / Truck / Motorcycle accidents – if someone is killed in a New Jersey vehicle accident caused by a reckless driver or automotive defect, the family members may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim.
- Work-related accidents – if someone is killed while on the job, the employer or its insurance company may be required to pay compensation to the family.
- Construction accidents – construction companies are expected to adhere to certain safety standards due to the dangerous nature of the industry. When those standards aren’t met and a worker or innocent bystander is killed, the company responsible or its insurer may be liable for damages. High-risk jobs involving scaffolds and multi-story scaffolding have laws designed to protect workers and their families.
- Defective products – when a consumer product malfunctions and causes a fatal injury, the manufacturer, designer, or distributor may be held responsible.
- Medical malpractice – if a medical professional makes an error, causing a fatal injury to the patient, family members may be eligible to file a lawsuit.
New Jersey law does not allow family members who have lost a loved one due to negligence to recover damages for grief. Because of this omission in our state’s law, qualified attorneys will examine a case involving wrongful death to determine the best way possible to obtain fair compensation. The attorneys at Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. have handled many such cases, and we will review each situation carefully to make certain your loss is compensated. Depending upon the circumstances, there are various approaches to take, including filing a pain and suffering claim or filing a claim for “loss of companionship, guidance and services.”
Experienced New Jersey Legal Assistance
The wrongful death lawyers at Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C., have been helping accident victims since 1981. At New Jersey’s 2011 annual NJ Trial Lawyers Convention, DSS partner Garry Salomon lectured on the topic of “Special Consideration in Handling a Wrongful Death Claim.” Further information about wrongful death and survivorship claims can be found in his book “The Consumer’s Guide to New Jersey Personal Injury Claims.” Copies are available at Amazon.com or can be downloaded for free.
We have handled thousands of accident injury claims, obtaining excellent results for our clients in many instances. Each case and the results vary, so we invite you to contact an accident lawyer at our New Jersey or New York offices to discuss the specifics of your situation. If we take your case, you can be assured we will use all the resources of our law firm to develop a strong argument for money damages and other compensation for you.
To speak with a personal injury lawyer with many years of experience, contact our New Jersey or New York offices at (800) LAW-2000. We do not charge attorney’s fees unless we are successful in your case and our initial consultations are free.
No Fee if No Recovery - Home and Hospital Consultations Available
New Jersey personal injury lawyers helping car accident victims and their families since 1981 in Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabeth, Edison, Toms River, Trenton, Clifton, Camden, Brick Township, Woodbridge Township, Bergen Co., Middlesex Co., Somerset Co., Warren Co., Sussex Co., Monmouth Co., Mercer Co., Ocean Co., Hudson Co., Passaic Co., Essex Co., Union Co., Morris Co., Teaneck, Fort Lee, Paramus, Hackensack, Hoboken, Secaucus, Englewood, Mahwah, Bergenfield, Union City, North Bergen, Ridgewood, Bayonne, Ridgefield, Belleville, Alpine, New Milford and Atlantic City. Also in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Kings County, Richmond County and New York City, in New York.