The timeline for every car accident case will differ depending on the specific circumstances. However, most personal injury claims in New Jersey can take anywhere from six months to two years to settle. Some cases may take more or less time based on factors such as:
- The severity of your injuries
- The number of at-fault parties
- Disagreement on the cause of the accident
- Whether your case goes to trial
- The insurance companies involved
An experienced car accident attorney can review your case and give you an idea of how long your claim may take to settle.