What if an injured worker’s employer refuses to report a workers’ compensation claim?

An employer should notify its workers’ compensation insurance carrier immediately when informed that an employee has been injured in an accident. If the employer refuses to take that step, the worker should seek the services of a New Jersey workers’ compensation attorney right away.

An injured worker can file either an application for an informal hearing or a formal claim petition with the Division of Workers’ Compensation.

Either way, if you file a claim, you would be best served to hire an experienced lawyer to represent you. After all, if your employer has refused to report your injury, it is likely they will dispute your claim.