Have you been injured in a car accident in Newark, New Jersey? Our dedicated car crash attorneys all of whom are experts in personal injury law, are ready to assist you if another driver’s carelessness or disregard for safety caused your injuries.
Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. is a highly regarded New Jersey law firm with an outstanding record of getting results for injured people. Our Newark car accident attorneys have obtained more than $450 million in settlements and verdicts. We are known for taking on difficult cases. Our Newark attorneys handle all types of motor vehicle accidents including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, as well as workers’ compensation claims involving work-related vehicle accidents.
Davis, Saperstein & Salomon has longstanding ties to the Newark area. Our founding partners Samuel L. Davis, Garry R. Salomon and Marc Saperstein became boyhood friends and attended high schools in nearby Bergen County. After graduating from law school, the three attorneys chose to use their legal skills to serve the people of their home region including Essex County. Their success as dedicated advocates for injured individuals has enabled Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. to grow in the years since the firm was founded in 1981. At the same time, our attorneys have remained focused on helping people harmed by the negligence of others. Contact our Newark lawyers at 1-800-LAW-2000 or use our contact form for a case review.
How Our Newark Injury Attorneys Can Assist After a New Jersey Car Accident
You may have dealt with an insurance claim involving a fender-bender or other minor accident on your own. But if you have been seriously injured in a car accident or your loved one has sustained serious injuries, then your health and financial future are at risk. You need the guidance of an experienced car accident attorney in Newark, N.J.
As New Jersey’s largest city, Newark has a lot of traffic congestion. Car accidents are common occurrences on Routes 21 (McCarter Highway), 22, 78, 280 and the Pulaski Skyway in Newark. Don’t make the mistake of thinking the at-fault driver’s insurance company will deal fairly with you because you have been seriously injured. Insurance companies make a profit by paying out as little as possible to resolve claims. Whatever the circumstances, insurance company lawyers will seek to protect the insurance company’s interests. You need a recommended car accident lawyer in Newark to stand up for your interests too. If you don’t have a strong lawyer fighting for you, the insurance company will try to take advantage of you.
When our personal injury attorneys in Newark handle your car accident claim, we will:
- Review the specific circumstances of your injury and discuss your legal options, so that you have the full facts to make a well-founded decision about how to proceed.
- Conduct a thorough investigation of the accident to identify all the parties that may be liable for your injuries.
- Collect evidence to support your injury claim.
- Estimate your losses and out-of-pocket costs related to the injury, including doctor and hospital bills and future medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, property damage and more.
- Present a demand letter to the insurer requesting full compensation for your losses.
- Manage negotiations with the insurance company.
- Keep you informed of any settlement offers and offer our perspective on whether the offer is reasonable.
- Protect your legal rights to file a personal injury lawsuit by keeping track of the applicable statute of limitations.
- Be prepared to take your car accident injury claim to Essex County court if the insurance company refuses to offer a reasonable settlement.
Our car accident lawyers in Newark are ready to start work on your injury claim. Call us today.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Newark, NJ
- Seek emergency medical care if you are injured.
- Notify the police and call an ambulance if needed. New Jersey law requires notification of police in an accident involving an injury, death or property damage.
- Wait at the scene for Newark police, New Jersey State Police or another law enforcement agency to respond.
- While waiting for police to arrive, take photos of the accident scene if you can do so safely. Document damage to the vehicles as well as your injuries and those of your passengers. Photos may provide helpful evidence to support your injury claim later.
- Provide the police with as many facts about the crash as possible, but do not blame yourself or anyone else for the crash.
- Ask the officer when the police accident report will be available and how you can obtain a copy.
- When there is damage to a vehicle of more than $500 or there is a personal injury, you are required to send a written report to the N.J. Motor Vehicle Commission within 10 days if no police report is filed.
- Contact your insurance company and report the accident.
- If you did not require emergency treatment, visit a doctor promptly for a medical evaluation. Inform the doctor that you have been in a car accident. Some injuries are not immediately obvious. The doctor’s report describing your injuries may be helpful evidence if you need to file a claim.
- Be informed about your legal options by talking with a knowledgeable car accident lawyer in Newark, N.J.
Scheduling a consultation with an experienced Newark auto accident lawyer is an important step to take. If you or your loved one has been harmed in a car crash in Newark or anywhere in Essex County, our experienced attorneys can review the details of your car accident and explain your legal options. Our attorneys have earned the trust of many clients in Newark by providing exceptional legal representation and we are ready to work hard on your behalf to earn your trust too. Don’t delay in seeking a free consultation by calling us at (800) LAW-2000 or use our online contact form.
The attorneys at Davis, Saperstein & Salomon are available to provide a free case review via Facetime or Skype. You will not pay an attorney’s fee unless our Newark auto accident attorneys obtain an insurance settlement or jury award for you.