Woodcliff Lake Car Accident Lawyer
Car Accident Attorneys in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
The New Jersey Department of Transportation reported almost 300,000 car accidents across the state in a recent year, causing nearly 60,000 injuries and over 500 fatalities. Hundreds of thousands of New Jersey residents are left dealing with the effects of car accidents each year.
If you were injured in a car accident in Woodcliff Lake, contact Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. right away for help. We have more than four decades of experience serving our community and over 25 lawyers on our team to provide the top-notch representation our clients deserve. If someone’s negligence caused you harm, our Woodcliff Lake personal injury lawyers are ready to stand up for you and demand fair compensation.
Contact the experienced legal team at Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. in New Jersey by phone or online today for a free, no-risk consultation.
- When Should You Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
- Is It Worth Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer?
- How to Choose the Best Woodcliff Lake Car Accident Lawyer
- What Can a Car Accident Lawyer Do for You?
- Talk to a Car Accident Lawyer Today
When Should You Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
If you have been injured by a negligent driver, it is recommended that you hire a lawyer as soon as possible after a car crash. Proving that another party’s negligence caused the crash is crucial if you seek compensation for your injuries and other losses. Evidence could be lost, destroyed, or cleaned up after a collision. That’s why you’ll want to have your lawyer investigate the accident, secure evidence, and begin building your personal injury claim right away.
You also have a limited time in New Jersey to take legal action after a car accident that results in injury. The state’s statute of limitations gives you two years from the date you were injured to file a personal injury lawsuit. Because most car accident injury claims are settled through negotiations between your lawyer and the at-fault party’s insurer, you’ll want to give your attorney plenty of time to arrange a settlement or file a lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires.
Is It Worth Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer?
Car accident injuries can lead to steep medical bills and costly vehicle repairs. If you can’t work while recovering from your injuries, the bills start to pile up, and paychecks stop coming in. So it makes sense that many people worry about how much it will cost to hire a lawyer to represent them after a car accident.
However, most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, including the lawyers at Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. This means that we won’t collect a fee from you unless we secure compensation on your behalf. If you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid. Hiring an attorney from our firm will not add to your current financial burden.
The cost of not hiring a Woodcliff Lake car accident attorney to represent you is often much higher than the cost of hiring one. If you try to do it alone, you could end up with a smaller settlement that doesn’t completely cover your costs. Your claim could also be denied entirely. Either situation could leave you with huge out-of-pocket costs that could ultimately worsen your financial situation.
Insurance companies have one primary goal: to save money by minimizing payouts. If they can find any excuse to reduce or deny your claim, they will use it. An injury attorney will act as your personal advocate. Because insurance adjusters know that they can’t easily take advantage of a knowledgeable car accident lawyer, you are more likely to recover a fair settlement if you secure legal representation.
How to Choose the Best Woodcliff Lake Car Accident Lawyer
When seeking out a Woodcliff Lake auto accident lawyer to take on your case, you should look for qualities such as the following:
- Communication — You want an attorney who is a good communicator. They should explain your case in a clear and easy-to-understand manner. Your lawyer should also regularly respond to your messages and keep you informed of critical developments in your case.
- Experience — It’s important to hire an attorney who has extensive experience handling car accident cases. They should also have trial experience and a winning track record of verdicts and settlements in case your claim goes to court.
- Good references — You should ask the attorney for references from past clients and others who can vouch for the lawyer’s reputation. It should be a red flag if they aren’t willing to provide references.
- Organization — You need an organized attorney who will prioritize your case and handle it efficiently.
Most importantly, you deserve an attorney who makes you feel confident about the outcome of your claim. The best car accident lawyer is one who you can trust and gives you the personalized attention you deserve.
What Can a Car Accident Lawyer Do for You?
You shouldn’t have to worry about navigating the claims process or a civil trial while you are recovering. An accomplished car accident attorney will have the resources to help you in several ways, including the following:
- Prove liability in your case — New Jersey is a no-fault auto insurance state. This means most car accident victims turn to their personal injury protection (PIP) policies for coverage after an accident, regardless of fault. However, if you were seriously injured in an accident, you could be entitled to file a third-party claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party. Your attorney will have the necessary tools to conduct a full-scale investigation into the accident and gather evidence to prove the at-fault party was negligent.
- Determine the value of your claim —Calculating the value of your claim can be complicated, especially when it comes to subjective losses like pain and suffering. Your attorney will have the skills to document your expenses and quantify your non-financial losses. Once your attorney knows the full value of your claim, they will not settle for anything less than a fair offer from the insurance company.
- Communicate with the insurance company — Your attorney can handle negotiations with the insurance adjuster and various parts of your claim. They can also help you prepare a statement that strengthens your case and advocate for your interests during settlement talks.
- Take your case to trial if necessary — A good car accident injury lawyer will also have litigation experience. If your attorney can’t reach a fair settlement agreement with the insurance company, your attorney could file a personal injury lawsuit for you and fight your case out in court. They should guide you through the legal process and craft a winning strategy to seek the best possible results in your case.
Talk to a Car Accident Lawyer in Woodcliff Lake Today
If you were injured in a car accident in Woodcliff Lake, reach out to the New Jersey car accident attorneys at Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. as soon as possible. With four decades of experience representing injured clients, our dedicated legal team has what it takes to help you pursue the compensation you need and deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.