Jersey City is the second largest city in New Jersey in population and a major employment center in the New York City metropolitan area. The Holland Tunnel connects Jersey City to Lower Manhattan and carries nearly 100,000 vehicles a day. The Hudson County extension of the New Jersey Turnpike, one of the nation’s busiest toll roads, connects to the Holland Tunnel.
With all of the cars and motor vehicle traffic in Jersey City, car accidents occur frequently. Even safe drivers who follow traffic rules can be seriously injured by other motorists who drive carelessly or disregard traffic safety. While you cannot control other Jersey City drivers, you can control what you do if you’ve been injured in a car accident. You need to talk with an experienced Jersey City car accident lawyer about your legal options. It’s simple and costs nothing to discuss the details of your accident with our knowledgeable Jersey City lawyers at Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C.
Our attorneys are proud of the results we have obtained for many people injured in car crashes in New Jersey. Our law firm has secured more than $450 million in settlements and jury awards for our clients. If you have been injured in a car accident anywhere in Hudson County, turn to Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. for experienced legal help. Our compassionate attorneys are ready to offer a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your options for seeking maximum compensation if you’ve been injured by another motorist. Call our Jersey City lawyer at 1-800-LAW-2000 or use our online contact form.
How Our Jersey City Injury Lawyers Can Help After an N.J. Car Accident
You may be able to handle an accident claim involving a minor collision or fender bender on your own. But if you have been seriously injured and have significant medical bills, you should seek the guidance of an experienced Jersey City attorney.
Don’t be misled into thinking the insurance company will treat you fairly. Insurance companies are focused on protecting their profits by paying as little as possible to settle claims. The insurance company will have lawyers looking out for the insurer’s interests. You should have a lawyer standing up for your rights. Otherwise, they will try to take advantage of you.
When Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. handles your car injury claim, we will take the following steps on your behalf:
- Discuss your case so that you understand your choices and have the facts at hand to make a decision about how to proceed.
- Representation, Counsel, Guidance
- Perform a detailed investigation of the accident to determine all the contributing factors and identify everyone who should be held responsible for your injuries. Gather evidence to support your injury claim.
- Estimate the full cost of your losses including present and future medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, and more. If you have catastrophic or disabling injuries, we may consult with medical experts to estimate your future medical needs and the costs.
- Submit a demand letter to the insurance company seeking compensation reflecting the full extent of your losses.
- Handle settlement negotiations with the insurance company and keep track of filing deadlines to protect your rights to bring a lawsuit if needed.
- Be prepared to take your car accident injury case to Hudson County court in the event that the insurance company refuses to agree to a reasonable settlement.
Only an experienced Jersey City car accident attorney is in a position to protect your legal rights after a serious car accident. Call Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. today.
Seeking Compensation After a Jersey City Car Accident
If you are involved in a car accident in Jersey City, you may have several options for recovering compensation.
New Jersey requires motorists to have no-fault insurance. Your first option is to file a claim against your own Personal Injury Protection policy, which covers your injuries regardless of who was at fault. PIP pays if you or others covered under your policy are injured in a car collision. PIP covers your hospital and doctors’ bills. If you selected the additional PIP coverages, PIP also may cover your lost wages if you cannot work and the cost of hiring someone to maintain your house. The personal injury attorneys in Jersey City at Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. can help you make a PIP claim and assist if the insurance company disputes your claim.
If another driver was at fault for your accident, you may bring a claim against the at-fault driver for economic damages such as lost wages. Most people assume that because they elected the limitation of lawsuit threshold they cannot sue for pain and suffering or economic losses. That is simply untrue. Quite often, a skilled and experienced personal injury attorney will understand an injury that is permanent and sufficient, that are sufficient to exceed the limitation of lawsuit threshold, also known as the verbal threshold.
Uninsured Motorist (UM) or Underinsured Motorist (UIM) also may provide payment if the driver who hit you was driving without insurance or had insufficient insurance to pay for all the damage he or she caused.
Our attorneys can help you determine your options for seeking compensation after a serious accident.
Five Steps to Take After a Jersey City Car Accident
- Seek emergency medical treatment if needed. Otherwise, go to the doctor promptly for a medical evaluation after a car accident. Keep receipts of all medical bills.
- Report the accident to police and wait at the scene for an officer to arrive. Obtain a copy of the police accident report, which may provide useful information about the other drivers.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- Avoid posting comments on social media sites about the car accident or your health. Insurers may try to use your statements to minimize or deny your claim.
- Educate yourself about your legal options by talking with a knowledgeable car accident lawyer.
Speaking with an experienced Jersey City car accident lawyer is one of the most important steps to take after a crash. If you have been injured in a crash in Hudson County or elsewhere in New Jersey, contact our Jersey City attorneys at (800) LAW-2000 or use our online contact form.
We are available to provide a free consultation via Skype or Facetime about your car accident. You will not owe any attorney fee unless our car accident lawyers secure a financial recovery for you.