Slip & Fall Injuries in New York
The New York injury attorneys of Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C., provide experienced representation for people injured by the negligence of another. All too often, sidewalks, parking lots, and commercial properties in New York City are not properly maintained following a snowfall, rain, and other poor weather conditions. When this occurs, it is very easy for a customer or passer-by to slip and fall, which can result in serious injury.
These slip/trip/fall injuries may include:
- Broken Bones
- Back & Spine Injuries
- Whiplash & Neck Injuries
- Injuries to the Face & Mouth
- Brain injuries
Can I Sue for a Slip and Fall in New York City?
If you have been injured in a slip-and-fall accident, you can seek to hold the careless property owner accountable.
Our New York slip and fall lawyers will help you pursue compensation for your losses, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Any other harm you have suffered
What to do After a Slip and Fall Accident in New York City
- The first thing you always want to do after a slip and fall accident, if you haven’t already, is to see a medical provider. Do not delay. Though some injuries may not present themselves right away, certain injuries from a slip, trip or fall can present themselves minutes, hours, and even days later.
- Report your slip and fall accident. If you didn’t immediately inform the owner of the property that you fell on, you should make sure to return or call into the business where the accident occurred. Most businesses have a formal report that you can fill out. Make sure to get a copy of the slip and fall accident report.
- Start a file with your information, records, and reports. If you still have the clothes you were wearing or pictures of yourself after the fall, keep those on hand.
- Contact a New York slip and fall lawyer. Our lawyers have experience dealing with insurance companies and settling these types of claims before it even makes it to a courtroom or lawsuit.
- Refrain from giving any sort of statement to the insurance company if they reach out. Additionally, monitor your activity online. You wouldn’t want to damage your injury claim with pictures online that contradict your injury claim.
Call the New York City Slip and Fall Attorneys at Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C., today!
The NYC slip & fall attorneys at Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C., provide aggressive representation to be sure that our clients are properly compensated for their injuries including medical expenses, lost wages, physical pain as well as emotional pain and suffering. Call us today for a free initial consultation and find out if you have a slip and fall claim.