On January 29, 2006, a 22-year-old woman was in a New York City taxi cab when a drunk driver ran a red light at an intersection and struck her cab. The woman was ejected from the cab as a result of the collision and was rushed to New York Presbyterian Hospital. She suffered from a severe brain injury, including a subarachnoid hemorrhage which left her in a coma. A shunt was implanted to drain fluid from her brain into her stomach. The young woman remained in a coma with a respirator trach and feeding tube, and doctors told her parents she might never wake.
She woke up six months after the accident in the Florida Institute for Neurological Recovery (FINR), where she was transferred whilst in a coma. Her family lived in Florida, and she was moved there so they could be close by and care for her. After regaining consciousness, she began years of treatments including physical, speech, and occupational therapy. To this day, she is confined to a wheelchair and cannot walk without assistance. Her left arm has very little mobility and she requires care 24/7.
The drunk driver was found to be 60% at fault for the accident and the other 40% was attributed to the nightclub that served the driver. Samuel L. Davis won a $20.4 million judgement for the woman and the damages she suffered.
Disclaimer: Pursuant to the Rules of Professional Conduct as promulgated by the Supreme Court of New Jersey, lawyers who promote themselves or their firms are required to state the following: "No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey." This disclaimer applies to all the attorney rating agencies and organizations listed. The awards and recognition may apply to some or all of the firm’s attorney. For further information about a firm’s attorney, kindly reference their respective biographies. Some or all attorney rating agencies may require payment of one-time or annual fees. For further information as to their internal selection and rating criteria, please click on the respective links.
We Understand That Trust Is Earned
The American Association for Justice provides lawyers with the necessary information and assistance to help injured people and protect the democratic values inherent in the civil justice system.
The New Jersey Association for Justice is an organization dedicated to protecting families in New Jersey by practicing and improving the laws for safer products and workplaces, a better environment, and quality healthcare.
The Better Business Bureau requires businesses to practice sound advertising and good customer service practices to increase customer trust and confidence in order to gain accreditation.
Public Citizen is an nonprofit organization that works to defend democracy, resist corporate power and to make sure the government's focus is the people, not corporations.
The attorney certification given by the New Jersey Supreme Court requires an attorney to pass a thorough examination, peer recognition, have sufficient reputation, and a high level of experience, skills, and education in a specific practice area.
Super Lawyers is a rating service with lawyers from over 70 practice areas, the selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
The Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America is a nationwide association of trucking attorneys with the purpose of eliminating unsafe trucking practices.
Martindale-Hubbell awards are verified ratings for attorneys based on legal skills and ethical standards, judged not only by their peers but also by client reviews.
The National Trial Lawyers is an organization composed of attorneys from all across the country who need to meet stringent qualifications in order to get selected for the top 100 trial lawyers. The selection process consists of multiple steps including peer nominations and third-party research.
Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. has received a recognition by Best Lawyers, one of the oldest and most respected peer-review publications in the legal profession.
Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. has been recognized as one of the best law firms in New Jersey by Best Lawyers, one of the oldest and most respected peer-review publications in the legal profession.