Two sisters who survived a deadly house fire. The fire was alleged to have started near a thirty-year old space heater used to heat the apartment being rented by the family. At the time of the fire, the sisters were six and eight years old. The youngest sister suffered significant burns requiring numerous surgeries. The burns caused permanent scarring to her face and body, limited her ability to obtain meaningful employment, and pose a variety of future health risks. The sisters also lost their mother and brother in the fire. The sisters, now adults, were forced to live with relatives or in foster homes for the majority of their childhood.