Bergen County Car Accident Lawyer
Each day an average of 310,000 drivers cross the George Washington Bridge traveling through Fort Lee, New Jersey either to or from New York City. All major Interstate travelers must cross the Hudson River either on the GW Bridge, Holland or Lincoln Tunnels. All major interstate highways, such as I-95, I-80, I-78 and I-287 traverse North Jersey. Adding to that traffic flow are State Highways like Route 4, Route 46 and Route 17 that all make their way to the bridge through Bergen County. In 2017 the total vehicles crossing the GWB alone was 51,720,087 cars, trucks and busses.
Unfortunately, such volume makes car accidents all too common. If you’re the victim of a car accident, you can’t change what happened to you – but you do have control over what happens next.
You need help from experienced car accident attorneys right here in Bergen County. Your next best step is to find out more about your options for recovering compensation for your losses. It’s easy and costs you nothing to discuss the details of the crash with an attorney at Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C.
Our firm has a long history of getting results for injured people in New Jersey. Our lawyers have recovered more than $450 million for our clients. We also have deep personal and professional roots in Bergen County.
Founding partners Samuel L. Davis, Garry R. Salomon and Marc Saperstein grew up here and graduated from local high schools. After becoming attorneys, they decided to serve their home community. Though the firm has grown over the decades, we are proud to have maintained our national headquarters in Bergen County since the firm was founded in 1981.
If you got hurt in a crash in Bergen County, you don’t need to go somewhere else to get the experienced legal help you need. Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C., is ready to help you pursue compensation for your injuries so you can get on with your life.
Ready to get started? Call our Bergen County lawyers at 1-800-LAW-2000 or contact us online now for a free claim review and advice about your best legal options. We are ready to provide a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation at our Bergen County headquarters in Teaneck or at any one of our other New Jersey offices. If you can’t come to us, we’ll come to you at your home, in the hospital or wherever is most convenient.
How Our Bergen County Lawyers Help Car Accident Victims
You may be able to handle a very minor car accident claim on your own, but getting help from an experienced attorney is usually your best option. That’s especially true if the crash caused serious personal injuries or claimed the life of a loved one.
Don’t make the mistake of believing the insurance companies have your best interests at heart. They don’t. Their main concern is their bottom line. They protect their profits by making a claim go away as cheaply and as quickly as possible – or by rejecting it outright. No one is looking out for you – not the insurer, not the police, not the courts. Only a personal injury attorney will stand up for your rights after a car crash.
Studies show that lawyers make a major difference in the outcome of personal injury claims. In fact, a study by the Insurance Research Council found that, on average, car accident victims collect more than triple the money when they work with a lawyer.
How can an attorney help you get more for your car accident claim? Here are just a few of the services Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C., can provide:
- Conduct a thorough, independent investigation of the crash to determine its true cause and who was really responsible.
- Consult with noted experts to analyze the evidence to reconstruct the crash.
- Calculate the full extent of your losses, including medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, property damage, and more. We often work with medical experts, vocational experts, financial experts and others.
- Discuss your case with you so that you are fully informed about what’s at stake and have the information you need about how to proceed. Client communication is a top priority, and we make every effort to keep our clients updated throughout the life of the case.
- Handle all paperwork and ensure that all filings are made before the deadline.
- Build a solid case and enter settlement negotiations from a position of strength.
- Take your case to court in the rare situations where it is impossible to get the insurer to agree to a reasonable settlement.
We also assist clients when they encounter roadblocks with vehicle repair or replacement, as well as issues with getting appropriate medical treatment.
Seeking Compensation for a Car Accident in Bergen County
If you are involved in an accident in Bergen County, you will have several potential paths for recovering compensation for your losses. Because New Jersey is a no-fault state, your first option is to file a Personal Injury Protection (PIP) claim with your insurance company. This coverage applies regardless of who was at fault. The attorneys at Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C., can help you file a PIP claim and assist you if it encounters any roadblocks.
If someone else was to blame for the accident, you may bring a claim against them for economic damages such as lost wages. Depending on which “right to sue” option you chose, you may also be able to sue for non-economic damages such a pain and suffering. Uninsured motorist (UM) or underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage on your policy may come into play in certain circumstances.
If another driver was to blame for the crash, you will be required to show fault in order to receive benefits from their insurer. Some common types of fault include:
- Distracted driving, especially texting while driving or talking on a cell phone
- Driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Speeding, including driving too fast for conditions such as rain, snow, fog or heavy traffic (even if within the speed limit)
- Unsafe lane change
- Failure to yield right of way at an intersection
- Failing to stop for a red light or a stop sign
- Following too closely or “tailgating”
- Driving while overly sleepy or fatigued
Even if you believe you also did something that contributed to the accident, you may still be able to recover partial compensation. New Jersey uses a modified comparative fault system. If you are determined to be 50 percent or less responsible for the crash, you may still recover compensation. However, your recovery would be reduced by the amount of fault assigned to you.
6 Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Bergen County
- Seek immediate medical attention for your injuries and report the crash to the police.
- Notify your insurance company that you were involved in an accident, but don’t provide a written or recorded statement about the crash.
- Obtain a copy of the police report, which may provide important information about the other drivers involved and their insurance coverage.
- Keep copies of all medical bills and receipts for other expenses related to the crash.
- Write down what you remember about what happened in the accident. Drawing a sketch may be helpful. It may be difficult to remember details later. Also take notes about how your injuries have affected your daily life.
- Do not discuss your accident on social media like Twitter and Facebook. Insurers are looking for anything they can use to reduce or reject your claim. Social media posts could be misinterpreted and cause problems.
Get Experienced Legal Help from Our Bergen County Accident Lawyers
Talking to the experienced Bergen County personal injury lawyers at Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C., is the most important step you can take after a car accident. If you been injured a crash in Bergen County or elsewhere in New Jersey, contact our Teaneck law office now at (800) LAW-2000 or use our online form.
We are ready to provide a free and confidential consultation about your case. You will pay no attorney fees unless our car accident attorneys win a financial recovery for you.
Why Davis, Saperstein & Salomon P.C., Should Be Your First Choice as Your Personal Injury Lawyers
- You deserve personal attention because you are The Client… not a file or a case.
- We work for you and you only pay us if your case is won by settlement or verdict.
- We have fought all major insurance companies for people like you.
- Over 40 years of experience serving injured people like you.
- Over 25 experienced lawyers only representing accident victims.
- Over $450 million recovered through the years for our clients.
- Over 25 cases recovering $1 million or more.
- Covering all 21 Counties in New Jersey and all New York Boroughs.
- We’ve helped over 30,000 injured people and their families like you.
- 14 lawyers CERTIFIED by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as Civil Trial Attorneys.
- On-staff physician to review your complex legal medical issues.
- On-staff investigators to document your losses.
- Highly trained staff to answer your questions and help you.
- We speak your language, in fact over 12 languages spoken by our staff.
- Over 10 convenient locations to meet and discuss your case.
- Your legal matters and consultations are confidential and free.
- We stand up for you and will try your case before a Jury to get what you deserve.
- We will come to you if you can’t come to us.
- We have been accredited by all major rating organizations including the BBB.
- Our respected partners have lectured, written and taught other lawyers.
- We care about you and our communities by sharing and giving back.
We put the Personal in Personal Injury
Never Settle for Less
Let us stand up for you