The police accident report about my car wreck contains factual errors. Should they be corrected?

This happens frequently. Whether in Newark, Hoboken, Jersey City, or another community, police write an initial report based on a brief investigation of an accident. The report may contain inaccuracies or false assumptions. If a police report contains errors or you disagree with the officer’s conclusions, you should promptly file an amendment to the police report with the investigating police department. An experienced auto accident lawyer can advise you on drafting an amendment. Once the accident report is finalized, police in New Jersey may be reluctant to change the report. You may have to speak to the police captain to file a statement to be added to the report.

The law firm of Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C., based in New Jersey, is highly regarded throughout New Jersey for the quality of the counsel and legal representation that our NJ car accident lawyers provide. The focus of our practice is representing people who were injured in accidents through the negligence of others. We are justifiably proud of our record of success in representing more than 20,000 accident victims in cases involving medical malpractice, defective drugs, automobile accidents, truck accidents and bus accidents, motorcycle accidents, and other kinds of personal injury accidents. We have obtained millions of dollars in settlements, verdicts and workers’ compensation claims on behalf of our clients.

Call our auto accident lawyers today at (800) LAW-2000 or use our online form to receive a free initial consultation. Translators for all languages are available.

Home and Hospital Consultations Available—No Fee if No Recovery.