When you’ve been seriously hurt in an accident caused by someone else, you need to understand your legal rights. You need the guidance of an experienced personal injury lawyer in Pennington, N.J. to help you determine whether you’re entitled to seek compensation for your injuries and other damages. Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. has been obtaining settlements and verdicts for their injury clients in New Jersey and New York since 1981. Over that time period, we have collected more than $450 million for clients.
Patricia Z. Boguslawski, Esq., a New Jersey Supreme Court certified civil trial attorney, leads the Pennington office with more than 12 years of formal legal experience. Today our staff includes 26 attorneys with broad experience in the field, serving each borough in New York as well as every county in New Jersey.
How We Can Help Personal Injury Victims in Pennington
Every Pennington injury lawyer at Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. believes that you are entitled to individual attention rather than being treated like a case file number. If you or one of your family members has a severe injury that resulted from an accident caused by the negligence or recklessness of others, we are here to help you. We have a multi-lingual staff. If you would prefer to discuss your legal matter in a language other than English, we can communicate with you in any of 12 languages.
Our firm has the resources and experience to argue and uphold your rights and help you seek full financial compensation for your losses. You may have experienced lost wages and diminished earning ability, medical expenses, property repair costs, and emotional distress. Our attorneys in Pennington can help you recover compensation for these and other losses. We have tried, settled or argued dozens of cases with awards of $1 million or more, so it is in your best interest to investigate the feasibility of your case with us.
Call our office now at 800-LAW-2000 or use our online form to schedule a free consultation on the circumstances of your potential case.
Types of Injuries in Pennington
Many types of serious injuries can result from car crashes, falls and other preventable accidents including injuries to your head, neck, or back. Fractured or broken knees, ankles, shoulders, and hips are common injuries as well. The injuries may involve nerve damage and paralysis. Many of these damages can last for the rest of your life.
Some injuries take time to develop after an accident. It’s in your best interest to seek medical attention immediately after the accident, even if you do not think you have any serious wounds or fractures. A medical evaluation documents the fact that you were injured in a traffic accident or other type of accident.
If your injury will lead to a permanent disability and require ongoing medical treatment, it is important to understand those future costs and include them as part of a claim.
At Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C., your injury lawyer in Pennington, NJ is assisted by an on-staff physician. Our on-staff doctor will evaluate your medical records from a legal point of view and help estimate the present and future costs of your injury. We focus on obtaining the maximum amount of compensation for our clients.
Accidents Causing Injury in Pennington
Many types of accidents can cause injuries severe enough to warrant legal action. You should have an injury lawyer in Pennington, NJ review the accident If you have suffered injuries due to accidents:
- Commercial trucks and tractor-trailers: Collisions between large trucks and other vehicles or pedestrians are often severe and cause catastrophic injuries, due to the vast weight and size differences between large trucks and passenger vehicles. The truck driver and the trucking company may be held liable for injuries and damages if the truck driver causes the accident.
- Motorcycles: Motorcycles have a narrow wheel base and are harder to see on the road than larger vehicles. In the event of a collision, motorcycle riders have little protection to prevent the rider from being thrown off the motorcycle. Motorcycle accidents frequently result in severe injuries. The accidents are often caused by other drivers’ failure to see motorcycles on the road.
- Cars: Automobile accidents are the leading cause of death in some states, often due to factors such as driving under the influence (DUI), speeding, distracted driving, and aggressive driving in congested traffic. If another motorist’s error causes a car crash resulting in injuries, the accident victim may be entitled to demand compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Manufacturers, repair shops, and rental agencies may be held at least partially responsible in some cases.
- Planes, helicopters and other aircraft: A considerable number of factors that are unique to flying can contribute to an aircraft accident. Most aircraft crashes result in serious injuries or death to the aircraft occupants and possibly people on the ground. Commercial air carriers may be liable for plane crashes, depending on the circumstances.
- Ships, boats, and other watercraft: Boaters and marine vehicle operators can cause serious accidents that lead to injuries and drownings from collisions with other boats, watercraft or fixed structures.
- Recreational vehicles: A crash between a recreational vehicle (RV) and a smaller vehicle can cause severe injuries. Recreational vehicles include the unique risks of often-inexperienced drivers, large gas tanks (higher risk of fire or explosion), and propane tanks for the stove inside
- Bicycles: Bicycle riders are usually completely unprotected except for a lightweight helmet. The potential for severe injury in an accident between a bicycle and a motor vehicle is extremely high, with everything from broken bones to brain damage being common.
- Buses, trains, subways, and other public transit vehicles: Traveling by public transit is extremely common, and when accidents occur, injuries are possible to a substantial number of the vehicle occupants and possibly others nearby when the crash occurs. Accidents may be caused by many factors including the driver of the vehicle you’re riding in, external conditions, or the drivers of other public transit vehicles (as in the collision of two public transit vehicles), or the drivers of other private or commercial vehicles (as in an accident between a train and a passenger vehicle at a train crossing).
- Drunk drivers: Drunk drivers are a public menace on New Jersey roads. A drunk driver has impaired judgment and slowed reflexes to respond to any hazardous traffic situation and avoid a collision. Driving while impaired magnifies the risk of a serious accident.
- Product defects/dangers: Manufacturers have a legal responsibility to make and market products that are safe when used as directed. They also have a duty to warn adequately of any known hazard of using the product, whether it’s a prescription drug, a medical device, machinery or other dangerous product.
- Work-related Injuries: Our Pennington, New Jersey workers’ comp attorney can help injured employees file an appeal if their valid workers’ compensation injury claim has been denied.
- Third-party work-related: In addition to filing for workers’ compensation, you may be able to file a lawsuit against another company other than your employer working on the same job site. A Pennington injury lawyer can help you do this if your circumstances make you eligible.
- Premises liability: If you are injured on someone else’s property due to dangerous conditions there, including being bitten by dogs, or slipping and falling, you may be eligible to seek compensation by filing a premises liability claim. Each premises liability claim requires a detailed analysis of the factors that contributed to the accident.
Don’t Delay Your Personal Injury Claim
If you, a family member, or a loved one has been injured in an accident due to someone else’s carelessness or negligence, don’t delay in contacting Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. to discuss your legal options. An injury attorney in our Pennington, NJ office is available to assist you. Call our firm at (800) LAW-2000 to schedule your free consultation. You can also sign up using the form on this website.
All of our injury cases are handled on a contingent fee basis. That means that we do not charge you anything unless we win a settlement or verdict. Contact a Pennington personal injury lawyer at Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. to get started today.