Steve Cohen, Esq., a resident of Fair Lawn, N.J. is Chairman of the Workers’ Compensation Section of Davis, Saperstein & Salomon P.C. Steve Cohen completed his undergraduate studies with a major in Finance and a minor in Political Science from The George Washington University in Washington, D.C. Steve Cohen was admitted to practice law in New Jersey in 1992 and in New York in 1993, after graduating law school Cum Laude from Pace University School of Law in May of 1992.
After admission to the New York and New Jersey bars, Steven Cohen began working for a small plaintiff’s personal injury firm. Soon thereafter, he began to specialize his practice in the area of workers’ compensation matters. Since 1997, Steve Cohen has focused his practice almost exclusively on workers’ compensation matters on behalf of both injured employees and employers. Steve Cohens’ experience handling both defense and plaintiff’s work enables him to offer a unique perspective to virtually every matter. At the present time, Steve Cohen only represents Petitioners in Workers’ Compensation actions.
Steven Cohen is a member of the New Jersey Association for Justice. He has served as a Co-Chair of a seminar entitled “Handling a Workers’ Compensation Case-2004″ given to New Jersey Association for Justice members in December of 2004, in the area of workers’ compensation. He is also a member of the New Jersey Bar Association and the Bergen County Bar Association. He was recently appointed to the Executive Committee for the Workers’ Compensation Section of the New Jersey Bar Association. Steve Cohen also serves as a Vice President of the New Jersey Advisory Council on Safety and Health.
- Pace University School of Law, White Plains, New York, May, 1992
- Honors: Cum Laude
- The George Washington University, Washington, District of Columbia
- Major: Finance
- Minor: Political Science
- Co-Chair, “Handling a Workers’ Compensation Case”, American Association for Justice, 2004
- Co-Chair, “Workers’ Compensation”, New Jersey Association for Justice, November 2013
- Lecturer, Case Law Update: Significant Trial and Appellate Division Decisions for 2013, New Jersey Association for Justice, November 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- New Jersey Association for Justice, Member
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member
- Bergen County Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Section, Executive Committee
- New Jersey Advisory Council, Safety and Health, Vice President
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New Jersey, 1992
- New York, 1993