New York, New York Founding Member
Chairman, Products Liability
Certified by the Supreme Court of NJ as a Civil Trial Attorney phone (201) 907-5000
(212) 608-1917 (NY Office) fax (201) 692-0444
Marc Saperstein, a native of Bergen County N.J. is a founding member of Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. He has a reputation of handling some of America’s most complex cases including Tobacco Class Actions, Diet Drugs, Fuel Tank explosions, trucking and construction accidents and many other types of cases. He has been responsible for dozens of seven figure settlements or verdicts. Recently Marc Saperstein was responsible for achieving a jury verdict of $20,000,000 involving a New York construction worker injured on the job.
Marc Saperstein has in the past served as President of the New Jersey Association for Justice formerly known as the Association of Trial Lawyers of America-NJ, He has served on its Board of Directors since 1992 and has held every office in the organization, including PAC Trustee, Executive board member, and Legislative Chair. He had served as a municipal Prosecutor now has the privilege of being a Judge of the municipal court.
Marc Saperstein has the distinction of serving as Chairman of the Products Liability Section of Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. and Mass Tort Department. As a member of the NJAJ Educational Foundation, he regularly lectures to fellow lawyers on issues pertaining to current case law, automobile and trial litigation issues and ethics.
He is the Co-Chair and Founder of the widely attended annual CLE approved “Meadowlands Seminar”. He is equally skilled in New York Trial practice and heads the firm’s New York Trial Practice Section.
In the past, Marc Saperstein served on the Louisiana Tobacco Class Action Trial Team which successfully won a $500,000,000 verdict against big tobacco. He also served as NJ/NY Class Counsel for the Fen-Phen Class Action litigation and also represented individual consumers who were injured as a result of taking this drug.
During the past 20 years, Marc Saperstein has developed a particular interest in handling cases involving serious burn injuries caused by defective products, product design defects, automobile gas tank explosions and trucking litigation. Marc Saperstein continues to represent individuals in complex construction and all areas tort litigation including all other types of automobile collisions.
Marc Saperstein received his B.A. in Economics from Rutgers University in New Brunswick, and completed his Juris Doctorate at Emory University School of Law in 1978. He is admitted to the Bar of New Jersey, New York (Supreme Court and Appellate) and Georgia. He is also admitted to practice before the Southern and Eastern District Courts of New York, U.S. Court of Appeals, Second, Third and Fifth Circuits and the United States Supreme Court.
Marc Saperstein has been admitted, with the permission of the Court, in several jurisdictions outside of New Jersey for purposes of participating in large complex cases. He has served as Vice Counsel in various complex litigation matters in the states of California, Florida, Louisiana and West Virginia. His legal arguments before the Appellate Divisions and the Supreme Court of both New Jersey and New York resulted in published decisions.
Marc Saperstein has been recognized by Martindale Hubbell peer review rating as a lawyer achieving the highest level of competency, a Preeminent A-V Rating.
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia, 1978, J.D.
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, New Jersey, 1975, B.A., Major: Economics
Honors and Awards:
- “Preeminent A-V” Rated by Martindale Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- New Jersey Association for Justice, 2006 – 2007, President
- New Jersey Association for Justice, 2005 – 2006, President Elect
- New Jersey Association for Justice, 2004 – 2005, First Vice President
- New Jersey Association for Justice, 2002 – 2004, Secretary/Treasurer
- New Jersey Association for Justice, 1992 – Present, Board of Governor
- New Jersey Association for Justice, Trustee
- New Jersey Association for Justice, Legislative Chair
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, State Delegate
- Superior Court of New Jersey, 1990 – Present, Arbitrator
- Bergen County Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar, Civil Practice Committee
- National Lawyers Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Georgia State Bar Association
- New Jersey Association for Justice, Board of Governors, 1980 – Present
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Attorney Information and Exchange Group (AIEG) member
- Trial Lawyers Care, Member
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, National Advisory Board Member
- Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, Municipal Court Judge
- AAJ Leaders Forum
- AAJ Trucking Litigation Group
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- 30 years of lecturing and co-chairing educational seminars for attorneys
- Tobacco Litigation
- Trucking Litigation
- Automotive Design Liability
- Complex Personal Injury
- Consumer Litigation
- Medical and Legal Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability and Defective Dangerous Products
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Certified Civil Trial Attorney, New Jersey Supreme Court, 2013
- New Jersey, 1980 U.S.
- Georgia, 1978
- New York, 1987
- District Court Eastern and Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit U.S.
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court